1. What is the due date for assignments?
The due date is mentioned in the assignment submission page every semester.
2. What are the important points which I need to keep in mind while working on my assignments?
Firstly, download and read the IOU plagiarism policy here.
Following is the list of common mistakes usually done by the students:
1. Make sure to put the references; if it is a verse from the Quran or Bible, the chapter and verse number must be quoted; if it is from a Hadeeth book which is available in English then the name of the book and the Hadeeth number must be listed. References from books must be referenced with page numbers. References from websites must be linked to exact page.
2. Listing resources and references are two different things, both of which must be done. Resources should be listed at the end of the assignment while references should be linked to exact points via footnotes or brackets.
3. Avoid quoting Verses or Hadeeth out of context. Before using a verse or Hadeeth in an assignment, research it's Tafseer and make sure it is quoted according to its proper explanation. For Hadeeth(s), its authenticity must also be checked.
4. Sharing assignments is forbidden and can lead to a zero marks. Each student must work individually on assignment in order to develop their own research skills.
5. Understand the topic properly and study relevant modules before starting the assignment. In case of doubt, feel free to email the Tutorial Assistant of the courses.
6. Stick to the deadlines and prepare in advance. Do not wait till the last, all times are based on Qatar time.
7. Assignments must be uploaded in the Assignment section of the courses, not emailed.
8. Review the assignment multiple times. Check the content, presentation, types and grammar/spelling mistakes, before submitting your work.
3. Which service is the Islamic Online University using to detect plagiarism?
The Islamic Online University is using VeriCite for the plagiarism detection.
4. How can students benefit from the plagiarism detection service?
The students benefit in two ways:
- They can see the scan score, which will indicate how well they did in avoiding plagiarism.
They can see the detailed scan report, improve their assignment and submit it for better grades.
The goal behind having plagiarism detection service and giving students access to its scan results and reports is to encourage students to avoid plagiarism by showing them their mistakes, give them one more attempt to improve their assignments, and get good grades.
Note: If the similarity report indicates 21-100%, students should consider reviewing and improving their assignments to receive better grades.
5. I have submitted my assignment, how can I see the plagiarism service scan result?
6. I have uploaded my assignment but the plagiarism service scan report is not satisfactory, can I reupload my assignment after improving it?
Yes, you can re-upload your assignment within 5 days of the first submission; otherwise, it will not be accepted.
For the detailed policy, click here.
7. I cannot find the option to check the plagiarism service scan result and report in my Arabic assignment, why is this so?
The plagiarism service scan result and reports are not available for the Arabic courses. Students have only one attempt to submit their Arabic assignments and no option to check the plagiarism service scan results and report.
8. Where can I find a detailed explanation of the plagiarism service scan reports?
Please click here to read the detailed documentation on the plagiarism service reports.
9. How will my quoting and referencing affect the plagiarism detection?
The plagiarism detection service automatically excludes properly quoted and referenced material. Apart from this, as per the IOU's assignment grading policy, the tutorial assistants will be reading each and every submitted assignment even if the assignment is marked high on similarity index. If they notice that it is properly quoted, but the system is making a mistake in identifying that, they will exclude that part manually and the assignment will be rescanned for similarity.
10. To avail of the second upload attempt, do we need to follow any particular step before re-uploading the assignment?
Students who wish to re-submit their assignments are requested to re-upload their assignments with a different filename. For example if the filename was FQH101_talib, you may rename it as FQH101_talib1 and so on.
Assignments re-uploaded with the same filename as the original file will not be scanned well by the VeriCite system resulting in the same similarity index value instead of reflecting the new percentage.
1. What is IOU CAMBUS?
IOU CAMBUS is a reliable cost-effective cloud backup solution for IOU students and alumni. It ensures that students never lose their course material and can refer back to it whenever and wherever needed. For more details, please click here.
2. On what platform is the CAMBUS service based upon?
The Islamic Online University uses the trusted infrastructure of the Microsoft OneDrive for Business as a base for the CAMBUS service. Therefore, the service is accessed via the Office 365 account issued by the IOU.
3. Why is CAMBUS based on OneDrive for Business?
Microsoft provides cutting-edge data security with guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement. Therefore, the IOU uses OneDrive for Business as a base for the CAMBUS service. Another benefit of using OneDrive for Business is that students can access the data via the Office 365 account issued by the IOU; hence, no additional accounts and login details are required.
4. How much is the subscription fee and how can I pay for CAMBUS?
5. How will I gain access to the CAMBUS after paying the fees?
After paying the fees, you simply need to apply for access here.
6. How can I access the files?
7. Will I gain access to all previously enrolled courses?
Yes, you will be able to access all courses you have been enrolled in from the beginning of your studies.
8. How can I gain access to the new courses I have passed recently?
CAMBUS service provides access to the courses data based on your enrollment record. You can make two requests every year (each request after the end of the semester) to gain access to more courses.
9. Will I gain access to the data of the courses I have not enrolled yet?
No, you will not. Students are given access only to the data of the courses they have been enrolled in at least once during their studies. Students can make access requests to the new courses at the end of each semester.
10. Will I gain access even to the courses I have dropped?
CAMBUS service provides access to the courses data based on your enrollment record. Hence, you will be able to access all courses in spite of dropping or failing them.
11. What happens if my subscription expires after two years and I forget to pay?
Once your subscription expires, your membership will enter a grace period of 30 days and you will start receiving constant payment reminders. If you do not pay the fees even during this grace period, your access will be canceled and you will not be able to access the material any more.
12. My subscription expired and I could not pay the fees in time, can I renew my subscription now?
Yes, you can. However, since you are renewing after the expiration of your subscription, you will have to pay a 10$ fine.
13. Can I pay for more than 2 years?
Yes, you can. Please note that the system is based on 2 years; hence if you decide to pay for more than two years, you should pay for four, six, eight years and so on.
14. Can I pay for less than 2 years?
15. Can I cancel the subscription?
Yes, you can cancel it. However, please note that the membership fees are non-refundable neither transferable due to the modest charge we apply.
16. Can I access the data using any device?
Yes, as the CAMBUS service is based on the OneDrive for Business, it is compatible with almost every modern device, which supports the browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome.
Certificates and Transcripts
1. If I do not drop a course within the late dropping period and fail the course, and then pass it in a latter semester, will it reflect on my Graduate Transcript?
Yes, there will be an asterisk (*) sign beside your marks of the course in your Graduate Transcript. The explanation of the asterisk (*) sign will be written at the back of the Transcript, denoting that it is a reattempted course. Please note that it will also appear if you repeated the course for improvement of grades.
2. If I repeat a course to improve my grades, will it reflect on my final Graduate Transcript that it is a reattempted course?
Yes, there will be an asterisk (*) sign beside your marks of the course in your Graduate Transcript. The explanation of the asterisk (*) sign will be written at the back of the Transcript, denoting that it is a reattempted course.
3. What is the grading scale of IOU‘s degree, diploma and certificate programs?
Following is the grading scale currently being used at all IOU degree, diploma and certificate programs in the Degree Campus:
Marks / Code
Letter Grade / Description
Grade Point Average
95 - 100
90 - 94
85 - 89
80 – 84
75 - 79
70 - 74
65 - 69
60 - 64
Course Waiver received
Transfer Credits received
The asterisk sign (*) in the Mark column denotes that it is a reattempted course
4. I‘m going to complete my degree/diploma/certificate program soon. What is the procedure I need to follow to obtain my degree certificate?
Students, who have completed their degree are eligible to receive their graduate certificate. To receive your degree/diploma/certificate, shortly after completing the program, please send your graduation request via the Graduation Application System in ‘My Home’ in the Degree campus.
5. Is there any fee to be paid to receive my degree/diploma/certificate?
Yes, a one-time fee of $200 USD is applicable.
6. How will I receive my degree/diploma/certificate?
After the University receives your degree/diploma/certificate processing fees, please allow 6-8 months for processing and shipping. The certificate and graduate transcript will be mailed to your residence through courier service available in your country of residence.
7. Is there a graduation ceremony for the IOU graduates?
The Islamic Online University is proud of the achievements of its students. Hence, every country that has an IOU local representative holds a graduation ceremony. An online graduation ceremony hosted by the Chancellor, Dr. Bilal Philips takes place once a year to honor our graduates.
Students, who are unable to travel to the closest country with a local representative to attend the graduation ceremony, have the opportunity to arrange a graduation ceremony at the location most convenient for them. For more details, please contact the Help Desk.
8. Does IOU have an alumni association?
Yes, it does. The IOU Alumni Association has been established with the first batch of IOU graduates. For more information on benefits and membership of the IOU Alumni, please visit our website http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/alumni.
9. Once I graduate from an undergraduate or postgraduate program from IOU, will my degree be recognized in different countries for higher studies or employment? What procedure should I follow to apply in different universities or organizations?
Upon successful completion of a program's graduation requirements, you will be eligible to receive an accredited degree/diploma/certificate attested by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education in Somalia, which is IOU's primary accrediting body.
Higher education or employment acceptance is subject to the discretion of the particular university or organization where you would apply as an IOU graduate. Your degree should be accepted as a foreign degree wherever you apply in different parts of the world, in sha Allaah. We highly recommend our graduates to proceed with further attestation of your degree/diploma/certificate prior to proceeding with your higher education/job application in different countries. This could be achieved by following the below two steps:
- Your attested degree/diploma/certificate which you will receive from IOU, should be taken for further attestation to the Somalian embassy in your country of residence or in the country where you are seeking to apply for further education or employment.
- The next step will be to take that attested document to the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs for attestation as well.
Upon completion of these two steps, you now have a document which would be recognized by all the institutions, organizations or business where you apply in different parts of the world, in sha Allah.
1. What is the community service mandatory requirement?
All bachelor, BMAIS, IAP and 2 year diploma students are required to participate in a voluntary Muslim community service in their local area. This service may be imparted at a local masjid, Muslim school, organization, institute or charitable trust, etc. engaged in the upliftment of the Muslim community. Female students, who cannot participate in outside-the-home activities, as well as those with disabilities, will fulfill their community services by forming study group with their family, friends or neighbors, where they will share the IOU acquired knowledge in a suitable simplified way. They may also form such group through the means of virtual communications. It is important to note that home-based activities must be reported appropriately.
2. What is the purpose of the new community service requirement?
The aims of IOU for its students is not only to acquire knowledge but also put their knowledge into action. Community service will give students the opportunity to analyze the society critically, learn and reflect through meaningful tasks, and apply the knowledge acquired in IOU classrooms in a way that benefits the ummah. This requirement is in line with our motto "Changing the Nation through Education!"
3. On whom is this community service mandatory?
Bachelor degree students in all departments, bridge to MAIS, IAP as well as students who are following the 2 year diploma programs are required to do community service.
4. Where can I perform my community service?
Since the main requirement is that IOU students participate in uplifting the Muslim community, a local masjid, a Muslim school, a da'wah group, or some community service projects already active in your local (Muslim) community are good choices. IOU strongly prefers that the community service hours be done in person, but if a legitimate excuse is provided, the community service can be performed online.
5. Is it mandatory to perform this service? What if I don't perform it?
Yes, this service is mandatory. Students will be given Degree/Diploma ONLY after reporting all the required hours of community service.
6. How many hours of community service do I have to complete in each semester? What is the total amount of the required hours?
Bachelor/Diploma students are required to complete 36 hours of community service per semester once they have completed 12 courses.
Intensive Arabic Program (IAP) students are required to complete 36 hours of Community Service per semester after completing 1st year curriculum.
Higher Diploma and MAIS students are required to complete 36 hours of community service per semester regardless of the number of the courses completed.
The total amount of required hours of community service varies according to the length of their chosen program. Please see the table below for more details.
||Required hours per semester
||For number of semesters
||Total hours required
|4 year Bachelor's Degree/Advance Diploma
||36 hours (after completing 12 courses)
|Bridge to MAIS
|2 year Diploma
||36 hours (after completing 12 courses)
||36 hours (after completing first year curriculum)
|1 year Certificate
Students following the accelerated study plan are also required to report total required hours, as mentioned in the above table, irrespective of the number of semesters in which they complete the entire program.
7. Should I perform and report the community service hours for each semester or can I do and submit them all together in the end of the whole course/degree?
Allah, exalted is He, loves most deeds that are performed regularly and constantly. Therefore, we advice you to perform and report your community service hours every semester so that by the end of your studies, public service becomes a part of your life, which in sha Allah will continue even after your studies at IOU have ended.
Students who cannot submit their community service hours at the end of the semester, due to any personal reason, may report them at later stage. Nevertheless, it is important to note that the total amount of required hours needs to be reported in order to receive degree or diploma.
8. Can I report my community service in advance even though I'm first or second semester student and have not yet completed minimum required number courses?
Yes, alhamdulillah, you may report your community service in advance.
9. May I do this community service work during the semester-breaks?
Yes, you may.
10. I am working as a volunteer for an Islamic organization. How should I report my work to IOU?
You need to download the 'Supervisor Form' from here
, have it signed by your supervisor, and submit it through the 'Community Service' portal once you complete the required hours of service for each semester.
11. How should I report my community service hours, if I'm doing them under no association or organization?
You need to fill
this file and submit it to the 'Community Service' portal.
12. Can I be given credit for providing community service to my immediate family members?
Da'wah/teaching is acceptable, but other kind of work like helping in household chores and spending on family members will not be counted.
13. I have been serving my community for quite a long time. Can I be given credit for those services?
Yes, you can get credit for the work you have done since your first semester of the respective program at IOU.
1. How can I know which part to study in every course?
The “Course Details” file of each course will provide this information.
2. Are the supplementary texts also needed for successful course completion?
The supplementary texts are only for additional references. In some cases they might be required for successful course completion as well.
3. Does IOU provide the soft copies of the supplementary texts that are mentioned in the course details?
Some supplementary texts will be provided while others may not. If students want them, they can buy them from online or local bookstores. Additionally, IOU provides students with a library of e-books (soft copies) to aid them with studies and research. You can find the "Library" link in the Students' Admin Block at the learning area (after you successfully sign in to BAIS).
4. Will the online study material be available for me in the study break period too?
5. Which software(s) would I need to read the e-books?
Course text materials are provided in PDF Format (file name is .pdf). You can download the software from here
6. I am using an older version of Microsoft office therefore, I am facing problems opening some of the documents provided by the University, please help.
Please download and install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats here
7. Are the required text sufficient for successful course completion?
Yes, they are sufficient.
1. How to download the audios/videos onto my PC?
Click on the link of the respective module, a new page will open and you will find the link to download audio/ video along with the option of streaming them live. It is better to have a "download manager" to download larger files.
2. Do the Audio and Video files cover the same lectures or are they different?
Yes, the audio files have been extracted from the videos.
3. Why don't some courses have audio files, e.g. Pychology 101?
Some courses require video explanatory visuals. Therefore the university does not provide audios for such courses.
4. How can I check my academic progress in the current semester?
You academic progress can be viewed on My Home page; top right hand corner in Overview report table. It shows your progress in the course and it is according to the percentage of the module test covered and other categories credited. You must note that it is the final percentage that will be credited to the grade history and it should be 60% or more for the student to clear the course.
1. When I click on a course it is asking for the Enrollment Key. What is it? How can I get the Enrollment Key?
If you see this message, it means you are not yet enrolled in that particular course. If you are a new student and have completed the admission process up to the payment of the enrollment fees for the coming semester, you need not do anything for now. Insha Allaah, you will be sent enrollment instructions before the semester begins.
2. Can I enroll into more courses during a semester?
You have to choose the number of courses that you wish to take carefully as you will be given only one attempt to enroll into the courses. However, you may drop the courses which you do not wish to take in the present semester within the free unenrollment period.
3. When is the free course dropping/unenrollmentperiod?
Students can drop a course for free during the first 6 weeks of the semester (see the semester events' schedulefor the exact dates). No processing fee will be charged and no academic penalty is applied. Hence, we request all students to decide how much time you can devote to your studies during the first 6 weeks of the semester whether you can handle the selected courses or not and drop accordingly if you wish.
4. What is a course waiver?
Course waivers imply that you have sufficient knowledge in a particular area. Courses can be waived if it has been determined that the course is redundant to your current degree program. You must submit all necessary documentation to prove that you have sufficient knowledge in this area to warrant a waiver. If a course waiver is approved, the number of courses required to complete the degree remain the same. The waiver allows students the option of taking an elective course rather than a required core course.
5. How should I apply for the course waiver and when?
Scanned official documents should be submitted in 6 weeks' time from the start of the semester. Late submission will not be accepted nor the unofficial documents. For students who have enrolled late, the deadline for applying for the course waiver is the first two weeks of their enrollment. The course waiver portal is placed in the Academics block of My Home page in the degree Campus. All applications should be uploaded through the portal and must not be emailed to respective TA or IOU admin. If the course waiver is approved, the students should air mail the official attested (notarized) documents to the IOU Admissions Office in India before entering into the final semester of their studies. The documents you send must bear the notary stamps and signatures themselves; they should not be photocopies of attested documents. Please note that sending the official attested documents to the Admission Office is very important, otherwise your graduation will be postponed, and the university may also charge you a fee.
6. Due to personal reasons I could not complete the courses of the current enrolled semester. Will I be allowed to take the same courses in the next semester and what is the procedure?
Yes, you can repeat the same courses in the next academic session. Please note re- registration is not needed in such case. You are only required to pay next semester registration fees, to become eligible for next session enrollment.Once the enrollment is open students are at the discretion to choose the same or different courses, either for the purpose of improving the grades or clearing the course. However it is advisable to complete the previous basic courses before proceeding with higher level courses.
7. How can I drop a course?
Please click on the Course Unenrollment Portal placed in Students’ Admin Block of My Home Page of BAIS learning area, to drop a course. Read the instructions carefully and scroll down and click on the course that you wish to drop and complete the unenrollment process.
8. For which courses is a course waiver possible?
You can simply skip this course as it is a beginner's course. You do not have to take this course if you can read and write Arabic very well.
A waiver for English 102 will be given to those applicants who have graduated with a major in English. Degree in English medium does not qualify for a waiver. Those who possess these qualifications may submit the documents related to their study, along with the syllabus for evaluation by our instructor.
A waiver for Computers 101 will be given to those applicants who possess qualifications of graduate level and above in computers. Those who possess these or other suitable qualifications may submit the documents related to their study, along with the syllabus for evaluation by our instructor.
Note: If you possess the above qualifications, you can upload the required documents after enrolling into the course. It will take a few days to process your request. TOEF/IELTS/Any other scores alone are not sufficient to apply for a course waiver if you do not meet the above criteria.
9. I am a native speaker of Arabic, can I get an exemption from IOU Arabic courses?
All native or near-native speakers of Arabic language who have completed their studies until high school in Arabic medium can apply for the Arabic Exemption Exam to obtain a waiver from IOU Arabic courses and subsequently to select courses from IOU waiver replacement courses instead. Based on the achieved results, s/he may be exempted from all IOU Arabic courses completely or with certain conditions. For further details view the Passing Grade Table. Click on your registered stream below to view the table.
Note that the exam is conducted in two parts:
Written exam to be taken at the IOU approved exam centers and,
Online oral exam.
10. Do I need to pay any fees for the Arabic Exemption Exam?
Yes, a flat $20 non-transferrable and non-refundable fee will be charged for the exam.
11. When does one incur a fee for dropping a course?
For a course drop made after the first 6 weeks of a semester, a fee of 10$ per course will be charged. The deadline for such drops is till the last day before final exams (see the semester events' schedule for the exact dates). You will be required to pay this fee, along with your next semester payment; otherwise you will not be allowed to continue your studies the following semester.
12. Can I drop a course after the mid-semester exams?
Yes, you can also drop a course after the mid-semester exams (see the semester events' schedule for the deadline of course dropping). This carries financial penalty. A fee of 10$ per dropped course will be charged. Thus, it is in your best interests to decide as soon as possible which courses you need to drop and avoid the financial penalties.
1. Is an IOU approved center a requirement for the midterm exams?
No, midterm exams are like module tests and can be done anytime, anywhere during the specified period. An IOU approved center is only a requirement for the final exams.
2. How can I register for an existing center or how can I send a request for setting up a new center?
Go to the “Exam Center Registration” in the students' admin block and follow the instruction provided.
3. I am travelling out of the country on the date of the final exams, what should I do?
Dates of final exams are fixed. If you are travelling before the exam and can identify a suitable center in the place you intend to travel to, we have no issue with that.
4. Is it possible for me to register at two centers as I am travelling in the final exam period?
Yes, you can, but you need to inform and take permission from the center manager.
5. There is no IOU approved exam center in my city, what should I do?
Click here to check out all the information required to register an exam center in your city.
6. Where is the exam center registration portal?
7. When are the exams conducted?
For all important deadlines including the final examination dates, please see the semester events' schedule of the current semester, which can be downloaded through the ‘Academic Block’ of ‘My Home’ page.
8. Does IOU send the passwords to the center and when?
Yes, IOU sends the passwords to the exam center few days before the commencement of the final exams.
9. I failed to give the exam in the stipulated time as there were password issues with the proctor. What can I do?
Students should contact the 24/7 Exam Help Desk in case their proctor is having password issues. However, as the exams period is over now, you may attempt the final exam in the late exam period. Please contact the Exam Help Desk for further assistance before the late exam period.
10. Who or what is the proctor?
Proctor is a person who invigilate students during the exams and is appointed by the exam center itself.
1. What is my student ID? How can I find my student ID?
The student ID is displayed beside your name on the top right corner of the BAIS learning area (after you successfully log in).
2. Why am I getting emails of the forum posts?
IOU helps to keep you updated with the activities taking place in the forums. If you don't prefer it then you can unsubscribe from the forums.
3. Am I allowed to share my user name and password?
No, you are not allowed to do so and the university will take strong action against the person found doing it. Your access to the learning area is an Amaanah (trust) with you. You should not give the login details to anyone else for any reason.
4. What are the documents to be posted via airmail to the IOU Admissions Office, in order to complete my admission process for the accredited undergraduate or graduate program?
Required documents to be sent via air mail are the following two:
1. Attested photocopy of your High School Diploma or higher degree – as applicable, depending on whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student.
Note: Your high school diploma or higher degree must be notarized by an authorized local notary public and it must be clearly shown on the scanned copy sent to IOU.
Students are given time (until the completion of the degree) to submit the attested documents via airmail to the IOU Admissions Office. However, the attested (notarized) documents must be submitted in order to receive your accredited degree / diploma / certificate.
Also please carefully note that the notarized copy of your document that you will post to our Admissions Office must itself bear the notary stamps and signatures. Photocopy of your notarized document is not acceptable to be sent to us by post.
2. Photocopy of photo ID (e.g. passport). If you do not have a passport, you may submit any other official ID that has your photo on it (e.g., national Identity card, driving license, etc.)
Note: Please mention your IOU student ID on the back of your documents such as certificates or photo ID for easier tracking and recognition.
5. What are the documents to be sent to the IOU Head Office if I wish to register under the Advanced Diploma or Audit Courses stream?
There are no documents required to register for IOU Adv Dip or Audit Courses streams. You only need to upload a recent color passport size photograph.
6. What is the deadline for sending the documents?
Attested documents can be submitted any time before the completion of your degree. However, we recommend that you send them before entering the final semester of your studies
7. Where is the students' admin block?
It is on the top center of “My Home” page at the BAIS learning area
8. How and to whom should I report the errors?
If you face any error in the module tests or in the course study material(s), report it to the Tutorial Assistant (TA) of that course. Please wait for 2 days for the TA to respond. In case of technical issues or any other query please write to help desk at www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/contact.php
9. What if I forget my password? Can it be reset?
We advise students to keep the username and password save. But in case you forget the password please try this link <http://bais.islamiconlineuniversity.com/bais/login/forgot_password.php> before writing to the help desk at www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/contact.php, asking to reset your password.
10. I am a revert and would like to use my Islamic name. Can I change the name I registered with?
11. Where should I air mail my documents?
Please send your documents on the following address, once your admission has been confirmed on the conditional basis:
23-2-94, Urdu Ghar, First Floor, Moghalpura,
Hyderabad, Pin Code – 500002,
12. My operating system crashed suddenly, I have lost all my data (notes, textbooks, etc.) and I had no backup. Could you please help me on priority basis?
We are sorry to hear about your lost data. Alhamdulillah, IOU has a service that is just for such unfortunate situation. In order to obtain back your lost material and never lose them again, you can opt for IOU CAMBUS service by paying very modest subscription fees. IOU CAMBUS is a reliable cost-effective cloud backup solution for IOU students and alumni. It ensures that students never lose their course material and can refer back to it whenever and wherever needed. It also gives 24/7 on the go mobile friendly backup of the following material:
Books and syllabuses
Live session recordings
Students study notes
Please visit this link for further details.
13. I have some complaints/concerns regarding my tajweed TA, can I email/post them on the forum of the tajweed course?
It is strictly prohibited to post complaints/concerns about the TA on the forum. Such complaints will not be entertained.
Please submit your complaints or concerns on a weekly basis as soon as possible via the “Tajweed Complaint Report” portal.
The reported complaints/issues will be investigated by the tajweed coordinator, the tajweed head of the department and/or the chief academic coordinator as required until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
14. Where can I find the link for the academic calendar?
1. I am unable to enter the live session class. It says the following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash. What to do now?
This is a flash error. Please close your browser and then open it again. If that doesn't works then try using another browser.
2. Is it necessary to attend both the evening and morning class?
No. Attending only one of the classes for each week would be sufficient. You can attend both classes if you want to.
3. I was looking at my grade sheets for the classes I'm doing that I do not have any class participation scores even though I attended several live sessions
They are posted at the end of the semester.
4. Is attendance at all Live sessions compulsory?
As you may be aware that the University has launched a revised model of tutorial support for most of the old courses, hence only new courses which have been freshly launched will have live sessions till it is phased out gradually. You may learn more details about it here
For new courses of different undergraduate programs, there will be one weekly session per course on Friday / Saturday / Sunday. If you miss any of the sessions, you can later watch the recording. If you watch the recording at your convenient time, you will be entitled to receive the attendance marks as applicable, in sha Allah.
For courses of MAIS program, weekly live sessions are conducted at two different times (morning and evening). You can attend either of them or watch the recording if for some reason you miss both of the sessions.
For Tajweed courses, please find detailed information here
5. Due to late enrollment I have missed some live sessions. How will this affect the grade?
You can view the previous recordings on the missed sessions. You will be provided the grades if you do this. But you would need to attend all the live sessions of Tajweed courses, as the live session participation grades are 50% for Tajweed courses
6. How do I join the live sessions?
Please download the Live Sessions' Information Guide here. This guide contains all the important information which the student needs to know and follow, regarding the live sessions.
7. How would I know when a live session is going to be held?
The live session schedule is available here
8. If I click on download recording instead of view recording will I be awarded class participation marks?
Yes you will awarded marks for both, only if you watch recording in both cases.
9. I missed attending a live session but watched its recording. I do not find my name in the attendance report of that session; will I get the live session marks?
The attendance report shows the names of only those students who have attended the live session and not those who access the recordings later. However if you access the recordings of the missed live sessions you will be awarded class participation marks at the end of the semester, In sha Allaah
10. I am unable to watch recorded live sessions. Its giving me this error "You are not authorized to view recording".
This issue occurs if a student is trying to play the recording using the link copied from inside the class recording webpage or is refreshing the recording window. It’s a security feature so to watch the recording students should just click the “View Recording” button in class recording webpage.
In case if you are still facing this program then please try clearing your browser cookies, history etc or try using another web browser.
1. What should I do if there is a power or internet failure during the final exam (at the exam center) and receive a zero at the end?
Immediately contact the IOU Exam Help Desk without leaving the exam center. At the request of the proctor, you will be given another attempt.
2. How many questions will there be in each exam and what is the allotted time?
There are 50 questions, and you will have 75 minutes to complete the test. This format may change in some courses.
3. Are all multiple choice questions (MCQs)?
Yes. All exams are MCQs.
4. When should I take the midterm and final exams?
You may attempt the exams anytime during the specified period. During this period exams will be open round the clock. However, IOU strongly recommends that you finish all exams by morning of the last day of the exam period. IOU does not assume responsibility if you are unable to attempt tests due to power or internet failure, etc. It is the student's responsibility to finish the exams during the given period. Maximum flexibility has been given in terms of the time period.
5. What happens if I do not attempt one or more course exams?
Those who fail to complete the exams before the deadline will have an opportunity to take make-ups at a 15% loss.
6. Are there any exceptions?
Besides going on Hajj, the only excuse for exemption from the 15% penalty would be a verifiable health problem. Providing a medical certificate or a doctor's note is mandatory in order to be exempt.
7. Will the pre-midterm module tests be available after the midterm exam begins?
Yes, the pre-midterm module tests will be available until the make-up tests period begins. Module tests should be completed before attempting the midterm exams.
8. Will the post-midterm module tests be available after the commencement of the final exams?
Yes, the post-midterm module tests will be available until the make-up period for final exams. However, the module tests should be completed before taking the final exams.
9. Do I have to take the exams in a particular order, e.g. Aqeedah 101 first followed by Arabic 101?
No. You may take them in any order you wish.
10. Are there any special precautions I need to take?
Yes. Before you start, make sure that:
- You have 75 uninterrupted minutes to do the exams. Once started, the timer cannot be paused.
- A good internet connection is must. Please do not start an exam if the connection is poor.
- Your area is not scheduled for a power outage (in countries where this is frequent)
- Except the one in which you are doing your exam, Close all other windows and tabs on your browser and computer.
- Except your security application, no other application is accessing the internet at that time and none of your applications (Windows, Anti-virus software, etc.,) is due for an update within that time frame.
11. Are the TAJ 101 and 102 midterm and final exams completely theoretical?
12. Can I take more than one midterm or final exam in a day?
Yes, if needed, but it is not recommended because you will not be able to revise your subjects properly.
13. Due to slow pace, I am prepared only for two courses for the midterm exam. Should I repeat the semester?
We would recommend you to attend the midterm exams for the 2 courses in which you are prepared now and give the remaining in the late midterm exams period instead of repeating the whole semester. You can also drop some courses to reduce the study load if you want.
14. What document do I need to prove my inability to take the midterm or final exam due to an illness?
You need to present a medical certificate, doctor's note, or a hospital discharge summary to the Student Enrollment Affairs Department.
15. I have missed midterm exam for a course. I know late exam will open later, for now, can I continue with the post midterm exam modules?
Yes, you can and you should, so you can prepare for the final exams on time.
16. If I cannot appear for the midterm exam in any one of the courses and intend to do it in the late exam period, do I need to inform the course TA or anyone else?
No, you can simply do the module tests for that particular subject at any time prior to the given deadline and can attend the midterm exam in the late exam period.
17. Will the final exam consist of all the modules pre and post midterm? For example, if we had 15 modules for the midterm and 15 modules after the midterm, will the final exam include all 30 modules? Or is it only 15 modules after the midterm?
Finals will be mostly from the modules after the midterm. However, there will be a few questions from the pre midterm portion based on core concepts. Neither dates nor names of places, etc., will be asked.
18. What is the procedure for applying the grade transfer?
1- Pay the grade transfer fees along with the next semester’s registration fee.
2- Send the scanned receipt of the fee depicting the payment of the semester registration and grade transfer fee. If you are paying your fee online print-screen or snip your receipt.
3 - Once the enrollment starts:
Student without exemption: Enroll into the course for which you intend to give the midterm and final exam without repeating the whole course. Then write to help desk at www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/contact.php requesting the grade transfer within the first six weeks of the commencement of the semester.
Student with exemption: Do not enroll into the course, rather write to help desk at www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/contact.php requesting the grade transfer.
In both cases kindly mention the course name clearly.
4- Access to the course will be enabled in due time.
19. What happens if I fail to take the final exams during the late exam period?
You will fail the subject as giving the final examination is compulsory. However, you may attempt the final exam of the course in the following semester by applying for grade transfer.
20. What happens if I fail to take the midterm exams during the late exam period?
You will miss all your chances of attempting the midterm exams in the existing semester and will be given a zero for the missed exams. IOU will not allow any more attempts in the current semester. However, you may attempt the exam in the following semester by applying for grade transfer.
21. Where should I submit my application for exemption? Should I email at help desk?
To facilitate the students and to speed up the application processing IOU admin has formed the “Exemption Request Portal” . The portal is placed in the Students’ Admin Block of My Home page of BAIS learning area. Please upload your documents through this link and do not send it via email in order to have efficient response from the staff. Furthermore, no application will be accepted or catered if not send via this system and IOU staff will not be responsible if your issue remain unsolved in due course.
22. What is the deadline for the one who intends to apply for the exemption from the late period exam and assignment deduction under legitimate reasons?
The exact deadline to apply for the exemption from the late period exams and assignment deduction for the current semester is mentioned on the ‘Exemption Request’ portal on ‘My Home’ page of IOU campus. As per policy, the exemption request portal will close 2 days prior to the late period deadline. Students who under legitimate reason intend to apply for an exemption are requested to upload their documents before the closure of the portal as admin will not accept any applications thereafter.
23. I am going for Umrah am I eligible to apply for an exemption?
Yes, students who are going for Umrah are eligible to apply for exemption for the first closest deadline. Meaning if a student goes in the beginning of the semester, s/he will be exempted from the 15% deduction from the late midterm examination period only. And if it is towards the end of the semester, student is eligible to apply for the assignment and final examination exemption.
Please visit ‘Exemption Request
’ portal on ‘My Home’ page of IOU campus to submit your request along with the relevant documents.
24. If I begin my exam before the deadline and not have enough time to submit it, will I be given an extra time to complete the exam?
The stated deadline is for completing and submitting all the exams and not for attempting any exam. It is highly recommended that you submit the exam before the deadline because as soon as the exam period ends, the system will close all the exams automatically and submit your answers marked so far. For example, if you begin your exam at 05:40 p.m. Qatar time on the last day, the system will automatically submit your answers at 06:00 p.m. Qatar time (the standard deadline for all IOU exam periods) and close all the exams. Thus, you will not be given another attempt to take that exam as no reset is possible after the exam period ends.
25. What is grade transfer? How will it assist my study progress? Do I have to pay any extra fee?
Any student who fails to attempt a midterm or final examination during the appropriate time frame is allowed to take it in the following semester without repeating the whole course. The grades from the particular course will be transferred to the following semester; thus, allowing access to the course materials (texts, audio/ video lectures, and recorded supplementary tutorial sessions).
However, an additional flat fee of $20, for one or more courses, is required to be paid for the grade transfer apart from the enrollment fees, unless students with valid circumstances provide proof of their condition that prevented them from attempting the examination during the appropriate time frame. Eligibility for exemption is determined on a case-to-case basis. Students are requested to write to help desk at www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/contact.php with the required documents.
a- In the absence of a valid reason, a full-semester registration fees will have to be paid.
b- In a genuine situation, students will be allowed to take the exam with an exemption of fees decided on a case-to-case basis.
In addition, students have a choice to repeat the course/s with or without a grade transfer.
1- Repeating course/s with a grade transfer: An additional flat fee of $20, for one or more courses, is to be paid for the grade transfer apart from the grade transfer course enrollment fees.
2- Repeating course/s without a grade transfer: Only the course enrollment fees are to be paid. Student will repeat the whole course from scratch.
26. How will I open the final exam?
You may open the final exam by signing in to your IOU account and going to the respective course page where, at the bottom of the page, you will see the link for the final exam, in shaa Allah. Also note that you will be able to access the final exam only once the final exam period will commence, in shaa Allah.
Once you access the link, you will be asked to enter the password, which a proctor will need to enter for each student.
Students should also understand that they are not allowed under any circumstances to ask for and accept a password from a proctor, and doing so is regarded a violation of the policy which would result in ZERO grades
27. Is there any particular order I need to follow when attempting the final exam?
No, there is no particular order that students need to follow when attempting the exams. The exams will remain open throughout the exam period and students may choose any exam from any enrolled subject according to their liking
28. Will the exams remain open 24/7?
Yes, the exams will remain open 24/7. However, the students should contact the exam center and make arrangements regarding the timing of the exam according to the center’s availability.
29. Is it possible for me to take the final exam at home? I swear that I will not cheat.
IOU is an accredited university; therefore, in order to maintain its high standards, it follows the same examination procedures as that of any on-ground university. Hence, the students cannot attempt the final exams from their home under any circumstances.
30. What should I do if I lose internet connection or electricity in the middle of the final exam?
31. Can I attempt the post midterm modules after the submission of the final exam?
No, the final exams cannot be taken without the completion of all the post midterm modules.
32. I did not score very well in the final exam. Can I apply for reset and redo the exam?
33. There are errors in the questions and answers of the final exam; hence, I am not able to answer them correctly. What should I do?
If you are certain of an error in the final exam, please use the ‘Final Grade Error Report’ portal located in the ‘Student Applications’ of ‘My Home’ page.
34. I want to register with the center but they claim that they have not received any notification from the IOU about the exams. When will you notify them?
All centers are notified of the exam dates at the beginning of each semester, IOU will send the details along with the exam instructions and the passwords a few days before the commencement of the exam period. However, it is the student’s responsibility to inform and arrange exam dates and times with the center. Full information on this procedure can be found in the exam center registration portal.
1. What is the time frame given for completing the modules' tests?
All pre midterm module tests must be completed before attempting the midterm exam of the course and all post midterm module tests must be completed before attempting the final exam. Please see the semester events' schedule of the semester for the exact dates. It is highly recommended that you keep your pace and complete them on weekly basis.
2. How many attempts do I have for the module tests?
You will have only one attempt, so do take them seriously and attempt them only after studying the modules properly.
3. In case I don’t complete some modules or fail to appear for the final exam, will I have to complete the missed modules or to take the whole course again from the beginning before the final exam?
You will have to do the whole course again from the beginning.
4. What are the criterion for having my module test reset?
Module test reset can be applied for the following reasons only
- Internet Connection Failure
- Power failure.
- Server Error
- Technical issue as hanging up of personal computer.
Please do not apply for reset apart from the above mentioned reasons. In case the question is unclear or you have any objections, kindly email respective course TA’s for the purpose.
5. My reset application was rejected but I really have not attempted the test. However just wanted to see how it works?
Students are allowed just one attempt to write the module test and you must not use these tests for sample examination. To check the test format, type of questions, time duration etc. in order to get yourself accustomed with the module test set up; kindly use Demo course 1 module tests for the purpose. Any student who runs the risk of checking the module test in any course apart from demo course 1 must note that their application of reset will not be accepted at the Quiz Reset Application Portal and will be rejected straight away.
6. What should I do if I receive a zero on the module test due to power or internet failure?
IOU has set up a special Test Reset Desk and made a simple application portal for you to submit your reset requests.
To request a reset please go to the Students’ Admin Block of the ‘My Home’ page; click on the Quiz Reset Application Portal icon and fill in and submit the application. The test will be reset within 12 hours from the time of submission of the request (and in most cases much sooner) if your application meets the requirements. PLEASE NOTE: IOU is under no obligation to reset a test and not all issues allow for a reset.
7. Are the students allowed to share the module test questions/answers through emails, forums, facebook, notes, etc.?
IOU policy is that students should not share module test questions/answers amongst themselves. The violation of this policy is actually "cheating" and the university will take strong action against those students found doing this in any way or form. Kindly also read the following for more details on this issue: Sharing Module Tests Students should contact the Tutorial Assistant if they need help with regards to module tests instead.
8. While taking the module tests, I found in the same question answer options "all are correct" and "none of the answers are correct". Could you please explain what does it mean?
There are 5 options for each question in the module tests. If you find in the same question 'all answers are correct' and 'none of the answers are correct', it is referring to the remaining 3 options. For example, choosing 'all answers are correct' will exclude the 'none of the answers are correct' and vice versa. This is a standard in IOU testing across all courses.
9. I am almost certain that there is an error in the module test and I am able to provide evidence to support it . What should i do?
If you are certain of the error please use the “MCQ error Reporting Portal” located in the ‘Student Applications’ of ‘My Home’ page.
10. I made a mistake in my module test. Can I ask my TA for the right answer?
No. TAs' are not permitted to reveal the correct answers to the module tests. Please do not ask or email your TA with requests for correct answers. Any email or question in this regard will not be entertained under any circumstances. Student who has made a mistake in his/her module test should go over the text or video recording to find the correct responses. Correction done on one's own is more beneficial and lasting, in shaa Allah.
11. Can I contact my TA with clarification requests, if I did not understand a module test question or cannot find the right answer?
Yes. However, please note that TA can only clarify the question or point you in the right direction regarding the answer. It is prohibited for TA to reveal the correct answers to the student. So please do not request it.
1. When does the new semester begin?
Islamic Online University offers two terms each year,
Spring Semester - March to July
Fall Semester - September to January
The exact dates are announced on the site news before the semester begins.
2. What is the semester registration fees for students taking more than 6 courses per semester.
An IOU semester normally consists of 6 courses per semester. However, students who are capable and are willing to take more coursese load are allowed to take a maximum of 9 courses per semester. Students taking 7 to 9 courses would pay one semester fees + 50 % of the semester fees for the country of their residence. That is, a student who pays 60$ for 1 to 6 courses, would have to pay 60$ + 30$ = 90$ if s/he takes 7 to 9 courses in a semester.
3. I am a new student and I want to take more than 6 courses in my first semester, is it possible?
Yes. You may change choose the courses from the list of courses provided to the new students at the time of enrollment.Also you will have to pay the applicable charges. That is, one semester fees plus 50% of it.
4. Can I pay the fees for two or more semesters together?
Yes, you can, and it is recommended, if you can afford it so as to avoid the transfer fees that are incurred each time you send money
5. Can I register now and get enrolled in the next semester?
6. I registered for this semester and paid the fees but didn’t take any courses. Do I need to register for BAIS again?
No. Please send us a request within 2 weeks after the semester that you want to transfer the paid fees for the next semester.
7. Do I need to pay extra fees for taking more than six courses in a semester?
Yes. You have to pay one semester fee + 50% of the semester fee, for the country of your residence. For example, if a student pays $60 for 1-6 courses, he/she would have to pay $60 + $30 = $90 for more than six courses.
8. I am taking less than six courses in a semester; will I have to pay the same (full) fees?
Yes, the fees at IOU are semester-based, not based on the number of courses you are registered for. Whether a student enrolls in one course or six, the fees will be the same.
9. I dropped the present semester completely due to some personal reasons by informing the IOU administration and would like to continue my studies later, Insha’Allah. What is the procedure to restart my studies from the coming semester?
You just need to pay the fees for the coming semester and need to make an enrollment request. Enrollment instructions will be announced before the semester begins, Insha Allaah.
10. Can I pause my studies between each semester?
Yes, you can. However, we recommend that instead of dropping an entire semester and losing the momentum of your studies, decrease the number of courses that you are taking.
11. What happens if I fail one or more courses?
You will have to complete it in the following semesters
12. When are the holidays for BAIS online students?
There is a one month break period after each semester
13. I will be going on Hajj this year, and Hajj will be in the middle of the semester, should I drop the whole semester?
Dropping a complete semester because you are going on Hajj is not advisable. We recommend that you take less than 6 courses because of Hajj. How your Hajj will affect your studies will depend largely on how many days your package deal is and how much extra time you can put in for your studies before and after the Hajj. In light of this, you may decide to take all the courses offered or drop some courses and take as many as you feel and can manage easily. If this is your first Hajj, we would suggest you enroll in fewer courses that semester.
14. What is the pass mark for a course?
The minimum requirement for a student to successfully complete any course is 60% marks which includes the final exam score. If a student scores 60% in a course without attempting the final exam then he/she will be given a fail grade because no course will be considered as completed without the final exam at an IOU approved center where the student's ID can be checked to confirm the student's identity.
15. Can I do TAJ 101 and 102 or SER 101 and 102 in the same semester?
No, unfortunately you cannot take TAJ 101 and 102 in the same semester as completing 101 is a prerequisite to enter 102. The same applies to SER 101 and 102, HST 101 and 102 and HAD 101 and 102.
16. I live in an Arab country which does not require a visa on my passport when making Hajj. What document should I send instead?
17. Can a student take more than one Arabic course in a semester?
It is not advisable to take two Arabic courses simultaneously as each lower level course is a prerequisite to move to higher level(s). Therefore we strongly recommend that our students follow the arranged pattern. However, if a student has a good command over the Arabic language and would like to do the courses only for credits, then s/he may take more than one course in a semester.
18. How many courses a student can take in a semester?
The minimum number of courses one can take, in a semester, is one and the maximum is nine. Please note, however, that one would not be able to complete the program within 12 years if he/she is taking only one course at a time. So while one may go down to one course in some semesters one would need to reach an average of at least 2 courses per semester to finish in the maximum time allowed (12 years). Also note that taking nine courses in a semester may be very difficult, so one has to take due consideration of their daily schedule.
Tajweed Live Sessions
1. I missed some classes of Tajweed. Will I be allowed to do make up?
Yes , the make up chances are given under genuine cases.
2. What is the maximum of missed classes that we are allowed to make up for?
Students will be allowed to make up for a maximum of THREE pre-midterm and THREE post-midterm classes missed due to valid reasons.
The make up sessions will take place only during the study break periods of the semester. Make up sessions' timings will be same as the days and timings of the regular group classes.
In order to avail the make up sessions, students are required to submit an application as soon as they miss a class via the "Tajweed Make up Request Application" portal and at least two days before the start of the study break period.
The eligibility of the students for the make up session will be decided by the tajweed coordinator on a cases by case basis.
Only the students approved by the tajweed coordinator will be allowed to participate in the make up.
3. What if I missed more live sessions than permitted?
You will lose your grades.
4. When should I ask for the make up session? What is the request deadline?
Students are required to submit a make up session application as soon as they have missed a class via the "Tajweed Make up Request Application" portal and at least two days before the start of the study break period.
Make up classes will take place only during the study break periods. There is no possibility to make up the make up classes for those students who will miss them.
5. What if I have missed more than three classes due to a serious illness?
Permission to make up for up to 12 missed classes (6 pre-midterm and 6 post-midterm) will be given to those students who have serious illness and who submit documents of medical proof of such illness.
6. I did not miss any class during the pre-midterm sessions but missed more than 3 classes from the post-midterm sessions. Can I make up for more than 3 classes?
No, you cannot.
7. What happens if I have missed all or most of the tajweed classes?
As marks are awarded for the recitation during the tajweed classes, it is compulsory to attend the tajweed live sessions. If a student misses most or all of his/her tajweed classes, s/he will fail the course and need to repeat it the next semester either with a grade transfer or start from scratch. For more information on the grade transfer, please visit the following section: Mid/Final Exams
8. Am I allowed to email my group teacher for the make up classes?
No, you are not. Please do not email your tajweed teacher regarding this issue as such emails will not be entertained by them. Only the tajweed coordinator has the authority to decide the student's eligibility for the make up sessions.
9. Will there be any live sessions during the study break?
Yes, IOU may hold revision sessions during the study break period if needed. The tajweed make up sessions are held during the study break only.
10. I have not received my grades for the tajweed live sessions. What should I do?
The tajweed live session's recitation marks are given within the same week by the respective group TA. However, it is the responsibility of the students to check their grade sheets and ensure that they have received their grades for the live sessions attended on a weekly basis.
If for any reason a grade is missing, you should apply for a grade check via the "Tajweed Missing Grade Report" portal from Tuesday to Thursday of the following week. Please note, applications submitted after the allotted time will not be entertained.
Kindly also note, marks in tajweed live sessions are awarded for the recitation and not simply for the attendance. If you do not recite in the class, you will not receive any marks.
11. I haven't received my grades for tajweed live sessions. I emailed the TA but I didn't receive any reply. What should I do?
Please do not email your tajweed teacher regarding this issue as they will not entertain such emails. Only the applications submitted through the "Tajweed Missing Grade Report" portal from Tuesday to Thursday of the following week will be entertained and looked into by the tajweed coordinator until the issue is resolved.
Please keep in mind that the portal will not allow you to submit an application after the passing of the reporting time for that particular week (Tuesday to Thursday of the following week).
In conclusion, it is the responsibility of the students to check their grade sheets regularly and ensure that they have received their grades for the live sessions attended on a weekly basis, otherwise they should report the missing grades accordingly within the allotted time.
12. My tajweed TA does not come to the class on time and I have other concerns as well related to my TA, what should I do?
Please submit your complaints or/and concerns on a weekly basis as soon as possible via the "Tajweed Complaint Report" portal.
The reported complaints/issues will be investigated by the tajweed coordinator, the tajweed head of the department and/or the chief academic coordinator as required until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
13. I have some complaints/concerns regarding my tajweed TA, can I email/post them on the forum of the tajweed course?
It is strictly prohibited to post complaints/concerns about the TA on the forum. Such complaints will not be entertained.
Please submit your complaints or concerns on a weekly basis as soon as possible via the "Tajweed Complaint Report" portal.
The reported complaints/issues will be investigated by the tajweed coordinator, the tajweed head of the department and/or the chief academic coordinator as required until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
14. How can I access the "Tajweed Make up Request Application" portal (1), "Tajweed Missing Grade Report" portal (2), and "Tajweed Complaint Report" portal (3)?
15. The tajweed live classes have already started; however, I cannot see any live session links in the tajweed course at all.
Once a student is registered in a tajweed group, s/he will be able to see the live session links of his/her respective group only. Therefore, kindly verify your group registration at the 'Registration' page under the 'Class Placement'.
16. I have verified my group placement and I am registered in a group. Yet, I cannot see the upcoming class link/links. What should I do?
17. How can I check my grade sheets and ensure that I have received the grades for the attended live sessions?
Please read this ‘How to’ article: http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/knowledgebase/Tajweed-livesession-grades-Infographic.jpg
1. Will the revised model of tutorial support be applied to Tajweed courses?
No, this model will not apply to Tajweed courses.
Tajweed live sessions will be held. For details, you can go here.
2. How will the students clarify their doubts pertaining to the course materials in the absence of live sessions?
The student-teacher interaction will remain the same as before, where they will have the opportunity to contact the tutorial assistants via the designated Ask the TA forums for each course to clarify their doubts about the study materials, engage in intellectual discussions, and to have group discussions. Thus, enabling the IOU to adopt a student-centered study environment.
In addition, there will be 2 live sessions per course per semester - one before the midterm exam and one before the final exam - where students may interact with the TA live and ask any questions they have related to the course. Attendance in these sessions is optional. The recordings will be available to watch online and download.
3. I heard that there will be no more live sessions from now at IOU?
From Fall 2015 semester, the University will be introducing a revised model of tutorial support which will replace the existing system of live sessions (that required students to be online at specific times) with supplementary recorded tutorial sessions for some of our undergraduate and postgraduate degree, diploma and certificate programs in sha Allah. The recordings of these supplementary tutorial sessions will be available 24/7 for the students to watch online and download. Students can pause and repeat the recordings of the supplementary tutorial sessions in order to develop better understanding, take extensive notes, review certain parts, and to revise as necessary.
4. In which courses this revised model of tutorial support will be implemented?
The programs in which this revised model will come into effect are as follows:
BA in Islamic Studies (Semesters 1 to 8 except ARB 101, TAJ 101 and TAJ 102)
Bridge Diploma to MAIS (Semesters 1 to 3 except ARB 101)
BSc, Diploma, and Certificate in Psychology (Semesters 1 to 3)
BSc, Diploma, and Certificate in Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance (Semesters 1 to 3)
Intensive Arabic Program (Semesters 1 to 3)
BEd, Diploma, and Certificate of Education (Semesters 1 to 3)
The revised model will be applicable for the Open Education Program students as well.
This model will be gradually expanded to all the courses,inshaAllah
5. In which courses the live session will still be conducted?
As of now, the revised model of tutorial support will not apply to the following courses:
All courses of MAIS degree program
ARB 101, TAJ 101 and TAJ 102 courses of BA in Islamic Studies
Semester 4 courses and onwards for BSc, Diploma, and Certificate in Psychology program
Semester 4 courses and onwards for BSc, Diploma, and Certificate in Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance program
Semester 4 courses and onwards for BEd, Diploma, and Certificate of Education
Courses launched for the first time in Diploma and Certificate of Information Technology
Courses launched for the first time in Diploma and Certificate of Business Administration
6. How will be attendance marks given in the revised model of tutorial support? Will I receive marks if I watch the recorded supplementary sessions conducted by the tutorial assistants?
In the courses where the revised model has been implemented, there will be no marks allocated for watching the recorded supplementary sessions conducted by the tutorial assistants. However students are encouraged to watch them to have a better understanding of the course material. The 5% marks of the live session attendance have now been added to the assignments - increasing it to 15%.
The evaluation scheme of the revised model is as follows:
This revised evaluation scheme will provide opportunity to the students to secure more marks for the efforts exerted in the research conducted for the assignments.
1. Which universities does IOU have affiliation with?
2. IOU has Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with different universities. Will they accept my degree there for further studies?
The admission is subject to the discretion of the Admissions Office of the university a student would apply to. Institutions may have a list of colleges and universities that they consider acceptable and they would also have admission requirements for different programs.
So, it is recommended that you check with the institution where you might want to do further studies or seek employment.